Tuesday 10 October 2023

National Poetry Day - a late offering


Pigeon 152 by Susan Gilbert 


While I’m out walking this fine day

it very gradually occurs to me

that everybody in the park looks the same  

There are the usual activities going on

people are pushing bikes and buggies

a pair snogging in the long grass

joggers are jogging by

a park person is planting petunias

but their faces are all the same.

They are all just humans

apart from their varied plumage

all the same

A withered human perched on a bench scatters corn for pigeons

The planting person is uncovering leatherjackets

three different types of earthworms 

suddenly hungry I move in           

BARKING            

big human with brown dog

big ugly dog       

BARKING

I spread my wings

glad to have wings

fly up into this tree

there are good branches

other pigeons perching

many beautiful pigeons.

Dog under tree

BARKING

I shit on dog





No comments:

Post a Comment