Tuesday 8 February 2022

The Incoming Tide

 My mother wrote this poem in 1982, about two years before she divorced my father.  She had been reading Christina Rosetti. I'm not saying it's the greatest poem ever, but it was hers.


The Incoming Tide          by Pam Wilson      3.3.1982

The waves kiss the shore and hold it close

As I would thee, forever more

My world in a shell

Can be held in thy hand

As I stand beside thee, on the sand

Thine eyes are like stars

That shine on the sea

Bringing thee ever closer to me.

The moon in her glory

hangs in the sky

beckoning me down

I know not why

I bare my body and soul for thee.

 

My arms ache, my senses fail

My body yearns and in my ears

The sound of thy breathing, gears

My responses, more and yet more

Until the stars burs on this moonlit shore

And we come at last to rest in peace

Entwined in a love which will never cease.

No comments:

Post a Comment