Thursday 26 September 2024

Hastings Book Festival, my Prizewinning short story

 I entered two stories in the Hastings Book Festival short story competition. My story, 'Once Upon a Time in Bulverhythe' came third in the overall competition, and won the Sussex Prize for stories by local writers. I'm very chuffed, it's the first time I've won anything for my fiction. My story is set on Bulverhythe beach where I often walk.

The judging was very kind and very flattering, I was told my story was, 'beautifully crafted with brilliant characterisation and a real sense of place. We fell in love with both Ted the dog and Ted the man.'  Lovely to have such praise. Link to the event -  Facebook

I want to say thank you so much to the short story judge VG Lee, the Book Festival organisers and to New Writing South for collaborating to create the Sussex Prize. 

The story is in my post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment