Friday 24 April 2020

Lockdown Diary of Theresa Smith - Part 2

Lockdown Diary of Theresa Smith, Clerical Officer (logistics).

Day 23   -    DC phoned 999 but they said theft of toilet paper from our shed wasn't an emergency.  So I took my phone and called that other number and insisted they must investigate the burglary.  I was called a hoarder and accused of wasting police time! I mean!  Really!!  We pay our taxes and I've always supported the police.  And to cap it all the sodding mould has spread to the wall by the stairs and we're not allowed to go to B and Q for anti-mould spray and anyway Hilary over the back says they're closed.  At least Boris is out of hospital.  Maybe he can sort the police out.

Day 27   -   Clapping for the NHS on our doorstep is a good thing, we did that last night. Heard the neighbour banging pots or something but we couldn't see him because HE STILL HASN'T CUT THE SODDING HEDGE!  It's not as if he's got anything else to do, he was laid off a month ago. DC called him a name, but quite quietly so I don't think he'll have heard it over all his banging...

Day 29  -  I have heard that people aren't just clapping for the NHS but for all essential services. And that includes supermarket workers, so I may not bother next week. Our sodding Tesco delivery was 3 days late and had NO toilet paper, no cake flour and no oranges, garlic granules or custard powder. I can't remember what I was going to bake with that lot, so maybe it doesn't matter, apart from the toilet paper. We're down to 37 rolls, I've hidden some of them in the laundry basket, underneath some towels and the rest in the tumble dryer, that should fool the sodding burglars! I now have to put up the rotary thing in the garden to dry the washing, but at least the weather is warmer than when all this started.

Day 30  -  I'm so embarrassed! DC has just told me what sodding means... I thought it meant muddy, or messy. I suppose it does in a way. Oh dear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment