Thursday 29 November 2012

Articles for magazines.

I've been asked to write another article for QS Eye magazine.

This magazine is aimed at quantity surveyors, a branch of professionals in the building industry whose work is concerned with figures. The content of their magazine is quite dry and my job is to liven it up slightly, although the subject must be broadly related to the construction indistry.

I've had articles published there about, amongst other things, seaside piers, pylons and most recently about the listed structures at London Zoo (which I've previously published a version of on my other blog - to read it go to my blogger profile and click on Expertslife blog).

Now I have to decide a subject for the next article, and I've only got five days to submit - so I'd better get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations with being asked to write again for QS Eye, I've been a subscriber for the past year or so and I quite like their articles, although I agree that some of them are a little dry. I'm looking forward to seeing your next article, being a part of the construction industry with promax access, I like to keep up to date with the latest happenings. There's not always a great deal of new developments but my wife bought me the subscription so I'm sort of obliged to read it, she sometimes tests me on whether I've actually read the main articles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! Just submitted an article titled 'The Snob Value of Georgian Architecture.' Waiting to see if they publish it.

      Delete